WELL (that's what we change the words to)
not
H - E - double hockey sticks (like All American Rejects version)
Why is it that those catchy tunes have to either be so inappropriate or contain foul language? My almost 4 year old loves to listen to what her sisters do. It isn't the most proud feeling to look into your rear mirror to see your little girl in her pink flowered carseat belting out Katy Perry songs.
Every once in a while I turn off my Catholic Channel on Sirius /XM and listen to some current music. I know that some might say ... just don't listen to that stuff. Honestly though, if I turn on The BLEND (older more contemporary stuff) you'll still run into the occasional Marvin Gaye tune. You know, the one that belts out "Se-*-ual Healing". My girls and my husband are really into music ... well, I am too. However, my style is a little more conservative. I tend to listen to the lyrics and if something sounds good and isn't objectionable to me, then I will like it. I want to enjoy some of what my girls like ... it can be very bonding.
Good music with a great sound doesn't HAVE TO contain language. I always relate better to a song if I can envision my life in that song. Connecting on that level really draws me in. Too many artists like to throw in some shock value to hopefully become more popular ... make more money ... gain more success in their eyes. Maybe I'm just getting old, but someone like EMINEM just doesn't jive with me. Besides, I just noticed that guy is only a year younger than me. When is he going to grow up????
The other day I noticed that those lovely folks over at Faith and Family Live posted a YouTube clip ... Chik-fil-A
After watching that funny clip, I quite easily started to watch some other clips made by Tim Hawkins. Anyway, this one made me laugh because it reminded me that you can have some innocent words put to GREAT sounds.
Comments
And I listen to more contemporary music when I'm by myself. I know I've shared my love for former boy banders-turned super cute bad boys...lol. For the kids we leave a radio on in their rooms at night and they have the "adult contemporary" station. You're right that some of the lyrics aren't good...lol. Ethan asked me the other day, "Hey mom, what's the hankie pankie?" LOL! (I told him it was a dance.) And today Michael was singing "I'm gonna get in trouble, I'm gonna start a fight" (that Pink song).