*Updated to show "THE BAG" ... this model looks much cuter ;)
I ran into BELK to see if I could get a different short white/shrug sweater for my daughter's confirmation dress. The dress is lovely and actually comes with a little shrug, but it also allows for a little peek and we don't need the BISHOP seeing any of that.
I looked ...
I couldn't find one that buttoned all the way up.
((((SIGH))))
But suddenly I was faced with the purse section.
AHHHHHHH ... I could really use a new one. The ugly brown/orange (fake Vera Bradley) purse that was gifted to me by my MIL had a big hole in the inside pocket. Hmmmm ... maybe that's where my chapstick went??????
ANYWHOOOOOOOO, I spent a good 30 minutes looking around (this of course would not be possible if I had any children with me). I started in the cheap section and found a few knock off Vera Bradley bags. While I do find some of the prints on those bags cute, these prints ... not so cute.
Then I ventured into the shiny, metalic, large bag section. I played with zippers and snaps and took out countless brown filler paper to do my investigating. I carry things in my bag that need places. Maybe that's why I either use my old diaper bag (cute, but BIG) or the Eddie Bauer tote bag that I bought for Disney/beach last year.
A lovely young gentleman (wearing more eye makeup than myself) came to me 2x to ask if I needed help. I of course said I was just looking, but after a while that task started to just annoy me. I decided that I needed to say that I did not WASTE 30 minutes and walk away without a bag (that I wasn't originally in that store to look for). When the young man came by a 3rd time, I admitted that I was completely challenged in this department and that when you carry around a diaper bag for close to 14 years, you really aren't quite sure what the proper style is for a 38 year old mother of 5. I offered him up a few of my selections to see what his opinion was.
I listened ...
I thought ...
Then I BOUGHT.
It's brown, it has a "little" bit of gold ... and silver on it.
It has pockets that I need
and
I was told it isn't OLD LADY LOOKING.
I'm really not sure it is "me", but I also know that what I was carrying before was not me and frankly ... it was a tad bit embarrassing to look at.
Comments
You deserve a fabulous bag!
XOXO
Jen
PS - It's fun to see you on FB!
A blessed Triduum and Easter to you and yours!
cute purse/cuter model!
:O)
W