In the 2008-09 school year, SpellingCity.com became the most popular spelling website in history. Tens of thousands of students regularly use SpellingCity and over 100,000 parents and teachers have saved lists. SpellingCity recently received more recognition as a finalist for a prestigious Golden Lamp award from the Association of Educational Publishers. The winner will be announced in June. Please forward this to any colleagues that would want to know about SpellingCity.com. Thanks.
I first heard about this program from The Pioneer Woman site. It was actually posted in her homeschooling section from another contributor. You can check it out here.
Anyway I know that the school year is coming to a close, but I did want to mention how this little site has changed my Thursday nights for the better. I'm sure I am not the only parent who hates quizzing their child on their spelling words. It can be very frustrating if you have a child who just struggles with spelling. My #3 daughter was having such a hard time and I hated drilling her and making her write her words over and over until she got them. Even then she would sometimes get them wrong on her spelling test.
Ever since December when I caught wind of this site, spelling has been no problem. I don't have to sit with my children(#3 and #4) to drill and quiz them. They take their own spelling words enter them into the site and practice a few times a week. By Thursday, they have their words memorized and I didn't have any frustrations or arguments during the week.
SANITY SAVED ... YAY!
Go check it out and remember it for next school year.
Comments
W