"Finally! ... a boy"
"She had twins ... a boy and a girl ... perfect! Now there is no need for getting pregnant again"
No, I am not pregnant. My sister-in-law is ... with a boy. This of course is the first boy grandchild for my husband's parents. They just found out yesterday. My own family has many more grandchildren and an EVEN amount of boys and girls. I saw that "Finally, ... a boy!" comment on my MIL's Facebook page. She didn't say it, but someone she is "friends" with did. At least my MIL responded with "And a boy, what a nice surprise!"
And I don't know the person who just had the twins, but apparently she went though IVF and got the so called "perfect" scenario. Who decided that one boy and one girl were PERFECT? Of course this is what my MIL had and I will not say who said the second statement above, but you can try to guess.
I really have a hard time letting go of my feelings. Of course if you read my blog you know that I have ALL girls and I love that. To me it is PERFECT. It's just the way GOD intended my husband and I to have. I never liked hearing from folks who would say (thankfully not too many) "I hope for your sake this one is a BOY" (ugh).
Many years ago when I lived in CA, I knew someone who KNEW someone who did that whole sperm spinning in hopes of getting the sex that they wanted. Secretly I laughed when the procedure ('cause that's what it is) did not work. I thought back then, that you just don't mess with LIFE in that way.
I've also HEARD of people who tried for more babies, just to get that girl or boy they always wanted. What made me feel even more sad was when they didn't end up with the sex they hoped for and felt depressed ... now they just had another child to take care of.
LIFE is such a gift and I believe that too many people don't respect it. THERE! I said it.
I feel a little better getting it down on this here blog.

*My big 9lb. 11oz. baby girl #5*
Comments
I think your girls are lovely and they are very blessed to have a mommy like you!
I think people make stupid comments about the size and gender makeup of every kind of family. I don't think it is necessarily mean spirited. People just look to say something, you know their "two cents" and it ends up sounding dumb.
Thankfully most families think their family is exactly right for them!
Congrats on the new nephew headed your way. I didn't realize your SIL was already far enough along to know the gender.
I went out with all four of my boys yesterday, the three that walk around and the one still in utero, and was surprised (although I shouldn't have been) at how many people said "Just had to have that girl, huh?" Then I laughed at the looks they gave me when I said "Nope, I have two girls at home. With all these boys, we're just hoping for a priest."
I love having all boys. I would love to have a girl too if it is God's will.
Nope - I was meant to have 3 kids - and that's what we have. Unless God decides we need something else. :)
I got that a lot when we had the first two because we had a girl then a boy -- "Oh, the perfect family?" -- I can't tell you how many people said we were nuts because we wanted more. Those are the people that just don't get what a blessing and a GIFT life is!
Hugs E!
I think you are so blessed with your five little girlies! I love my boys, but I'd love to have more girls.
I had three that were all 9lb babies and then one who was only 6 lbs.. scared me when he was so small=)
My friend Julie has 12 lb babies every single time (five boys!!) and she is not a big gal.. just amazing!!
No matter how big or how small.. they are all so precious!
I do not know why people say what the things they do. Boys are way different then girls. Both so wonderful. I am a mama of boys. God knew that. My one little girl is almost a boy. She is so much like her brothers and plays with boys stuff. Oh well.
I could easily hear myself responding with "Wow, you finally got a boy."
You're right.
It's a bit odd.
*
Terrific!
Fantastic news!
God bless you!
Those are good responses.
Thanks for helping me to be more aware.
I love this post, it is so true!! Those things people say are so pet peeves for me! We are having our fourth girl, we do have one boy but I hear so many comments about it, I hear the "ahhh, that's too bad, is Tom ok with that?" (my hubby) Of course he is, we are just happy that the baby is healthy, God knows best and gives us each the the intended sex of each child.
Our first was our son, then when I had a girl, second, I heard from so many people I can't even count, that "now you have the perfect family" What? if she would have been a boy, our family would not have been perfect?
Oh, there is so much more I could say here, but I won't bore you, great post!!
Beautiful baby by the way!!!