Girls are done with LONG COURSE swim season.
School has not started.
It's still summer for 2 more weeks (in my area).
So I've been doing this swimming thing. For three nights in a row I've donned the suit, cap, and goggles and swam with the new group of MASTERS. For an hour at a time, I get in my exercise and a little chat time between sets. I am LOVING IT!
I've come to realize something about myself. For all of my life I've remained active with some sort of exercise. Of course there have been lull periods where I didn't do anything for weeks and maybe months, but NEVER a year has gone by where I didn't do something. Is it pompous of me to pat myself on the back for this? I'm gonna say NO. Mostly because I tend to have low self-esteem when it comes to many things. I never think I am smart enough, pretty enough, etc.
I am healthy.
I am strong.
I am fit (to a degree).
Exercise is my drug. I realize if time goes by and I start to have sadness or depression (something I am prone to), I know that I'm not getting what I NEED. God gave me this body and he wants me to take care of it. If that is "the one thing" I have realized or learned in my life so far, it is that I (with the help of GOD) know what I need to make ME a BETTER person ... a BETTER wife and BETTER mother. I NEED to keep me going ...

So right now, I'll add some lines from FINDING NEMO ...
Marlin: No I don't wanna know.
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing.
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim.
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head.
Dory: Sorry.
Dory: [singing] Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.
Marlin: Dory, no singing.
Dory: [continuing] Ha, ha, ha, ha, ho. I love to swim. When you want to swim you want to swim.
Marlin: Now I'm stuck with that song... Now it's in my head.
Dory: Sorry.
Comments
You pat yourself on the back -- you deserve it! We women are often too hard on ourselves. I find myself struggling with the "guilt" of doing something for myself -- like I'm ignoring other important things.
Well gosh darnit, we Moms are important. We need to keep ourselves healthy and active. There's nothing wrong with taking time out for you to do that.
And just think, your post inspires others and know that's YOU making a difference!
Hugs!
Good for you! Keep it up! And, again, great widget!