
In just a week, child #1 goes off to school and the very next day #3 and #4 will go too (elementary public school). Homeschooling #2 and #5 will not happen for another week. I've pretty much gathered my books, but I still need to do the planning part. This will be my 2nd year of officially teaching at home and I can't wait!
It's been a busy summer ...
- Christian camp for girl #1
- Swim camp for girl #2
- Theatre/reading camp for girls #3 and #4
- VBS for girls #4 and #5
- Swim lessons for girl #5
Add to that ...
- daily swim practice for girls #1, #2, #3, and #4 (3 days for her).
- swim meets (one even taking us to Austin, TX)
- CA cousin came for 10 days
- Long Course state championships
Making things even busier ...
- lots of orthodontist appt.'s
- 3 well doctor check-ups
- 6 dentist appt.'s (then adding on one cavity filling for girl #3)
- my very first mammogram (yikes)
Soon to happen ...
- hair cuts
- frenum removal for girl #2 (we're closing up the gap between her two front teeth)
- more orthodontist appts. (girl #3 gets her braces off Sept. 9th)
Fun happenings (in no particular order) ...
- Sea World visit in Texas
- day at the lake in AR
- very first kids triathlon (for girl #2 and #3)
- movies
- pool time
- Heiffer ranch
- some good date nights for the husband and I
Well, one things for sure ... guess summer here was not boring. In some ways I am looking forward to the school year and the routines. However, I will MISS summer. I enjoy sleeping in a little (even if it is to 6:30-7am). I like drinking my coffee at a slower pace before noticing the time and doing my usual rush out the door (taking the girls to camps or swim practice). I love that there is no homework and that the evenings are ours.
Here comes the school year ...
((((SIGH)))))
Comments
I haven't blogged about it yet, but my kids started school YESTERDAY! :( and :) all at the same time.
It was so quiet!
XOXO
Jen