Well, it isn't happening yet. Apparently I was unaware of the fact that in our lovely state of AR, you can drive with someone 21 and older at the
ripe YOUNG age of 14.
YIKES!!!!!!
I got my learners permit in the state of NJ at age 16 and drove by myself by my 17h birthday.
ANYWAY, today is my oldest daughter's birthday.
She is 14 (gulp)!
My head is spinning.

Things have changed in the last year ...
- She is nearly my size (almost 5'5")
- She wears the same size shoe as me (practically)
- She has a few extra curves ... don't EVEN want to go there ((((SIGH)))).
- She is incredibly smart (doubling up on Honors Algebra 2 and Geometry)
- She is very giving to others (volunteers weekly tutoring children needing help with reading called Building Bright Futures... at our Parish)
- She is active with swim team, youth group, and French club.
- She is a WONDERFUL BABYSITTER to her siblings when Mommy and Daddy need a little help.
- She helps her Mom teach Sunday school to 5th graders. Her knowledge in this area AMAZES me each time we attend class.
- She is BEAUTIFUL ... not hard to see from that photo!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL, CARING, SPIRITUAL, SMART 14 year old DAUGHTER!!!!!!
I love you ...
Comments
Happy Birthday E!
W
Don't you just wonder where the time goes?...I feel like it was just yesterday I was bringing home my now 15 yo daughter. And nope, she's not driving anytime soon, either.
Hugs to your birthday girl!
(And I feel like I've been a bad bloggy friend -- I just read several of your posts and I feel like I've missed out on all your happenings! :) )
All my kids are little until I say so! OH how fast they grow.