Skip to main content

What's going on in my crazy head ...

I'm taking a few minutes to update the blog while eating my shredded wheat and rice milk ... sounds yummy, eh?

I just got three little girls off to school while the other 2 are waiting on me to start their day. Homeschooling is getting a little better. This school year had a shaky start, but we seem to be settling into a groove now.

I put on my running shoes the other day for the first time in a few weeks. We've had so much rain and mostly that was my excuse for not running. Yesterday I had a pretty good run while listening to "A Wrinkle in Time" on my iPod. I find that stories and podcasts are much more stimulating to me than music while I run. I always get bored with playlists and after a few songs, I feel like I am watching the clock. It has also helped to have some sunshine ;)

Swim team is starting to get busier. We just had our first meet 1.5 weeks ago and we will have one this weekend. The girls did great at the first one ... really cutting their times from the previous short course season.

I dragged my family to this location ... quiet, tranquil place that looks like something from an old movie. As a matter of fact, it was featured in the opening scene of Gone With the Wind. It's believed to be the only remaining structure from that film.

Needless to say, I got a few good pictures ...

Starting with me. Hopefully this will be the last BRACE FACE you will see ...

Check me out with my main squeeze , doing a little SQUEEZE ...

OF course there is THE GIRLIES ...

Miss {c} ...

Miss {b} ...

Miss {k} ...

Miss {m} ...

Miss {e} ...

And AGAIN, ALL OF my 5 Minnies ...


Comments

My goodness, you got a lot of updates in between the cereal and the milk! (I do that, too, but one day I should just eat and enjoy the food!)
Unknown said…
I LOVE that last picture. That is such a cool and interesting pose/location!

The swimming thing is picking up for us too starting this weekend. {M} has been busy with the school team but that is mostly M-Fr...only one weekend event so far this season. But now {S} starts meets this coming weekend...both days. We haven't had full weekends of swimming since late July.

W
Beautiful pictures! I was admiring your new one on FB. What a great idea to listen to a book while running! I have been a big slacker lately, but I love that idea!

Hope you have a wonderful day with your girls!

XOX
Jen
Shelly said…
love the photo shoot!!!
i agree that that last one is SO COOL!!!!

You and dh are so very blessed w/those beauties :)
Christine said…
If you get a chance I would also love to know more about the last picture and what kind of building that is....plus you guys all look great!!!

All your girlies have such nice thick hair! Lucky girls!!!!
momto5minnies said…
CHRISTINE ... check out the link for "this location" in my post. It will tell you about the building.

For some reason it wasn't highlighted (the link), but now it is.

THANKS for the lovely compliments.
Tracy said…
Such a lovely family!!
Rita said…
You look great! So happy you are about to get your braces off. I know you are glad. My cross-bite came back, so back in surgery I am going. Probably at Christmas, of all times!

I love the pictures of your family. You are very blessed and I am so happy for you. We are scheduled to have family pictures made in November at a historical church in our county. I can't wait. We are in need of some good pictures.

Our homeschooling is going well. We also had a slow start, but the kids are learning everyday, and that is the main thing.

Blessings to you!!! : )

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...