Skip to main content

GOODBYE GLASSES!!!!!!

Just 1.5 years ago, this cute little girl was diagnosed with amblyopia. Her case was not an extreme one, but we did recognize it late. This explained some of the delays in her reading skills. Anyway, we were told with evening patching and glasses, that maybe in a few years there would be a possibility that she wouldn't need her glasses anymore.


She did look awfully cute in those purple glasses. Even the eye patch was dressed up a bit for some humorous laughs.



The pink glasses were fun too, but {m} much preferred the purple.

Just this past month, she failed her 'in school' eye exam (with her current glasses). Assuming that her prescription was just not working any longer, I took her to the eye doctor for a more accurate exam.

PROGNOSIS ... nearly perfect vision!
She can forget those cute purple or pink glasses and just go with the au natural look.
EVEN CUTER!!!!!!!


*Just a little funny ...
On the way out of the eye doctor, {m} put her glasses back on and I asked her why. She said she had no place to put them. Silly girl! They are in my possession now ;)


Comments

Ashley said…
She's adorable with or without the glasses!
How wonderful! Congratulations! It worked.
makenna deborah said…
she's cool when she had her glasess and now too
Laura said…
What a beautiful smile.
WoW! What an awesome story! She's such a beautiful girl and family. Love your blog. I'm a new follower and I intend to read daily. Jackie
Beth said…
So cute! My sister (now 40) and I were just having a conversation about this the other day. She also had this when she was younger (is it also called Lazy Eye?). They didn't discover it until she was beyond the point of correcting it. She says she still has trouble with it, even though she doesn't wear glasses or contacts. Luckily, her other eye is perfect. I'm so happy that the treatment worked for your beautiful girl! Glasses or not, she's a real cutie!
Brooke said…
Very cute pics! My son was diagnosed with this and a few other things back when he was 4. He did 2 years of patching, then glasses part time for a year, then this year (age 7) he had a relapse and we are back to patching for a few hours a day. I remember the dr telling me a few years ago...hold on to the patch, it could come back. Anyway, hope she is patch and glasses free for years to come.

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling every bit of 46 ... ugh!

When I was 45, I was feeling fabulous.   I was fit, energetic, and I thought I could easily pass for 40;) Age was just a number and I certainly didn't think I felt or looked my true age. Then February 11th came and I turned 46.   I have sciatica on my left side, my left knee is stiff, and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot.   I've resorted to stretching all the time and popping the occasional anti-inflammatory.   There are dark circles under my eyes that I've had to start putting concealer on.   My hair is growing out from last years 45 year old short hair, but it's just in an awkward stage.  I can't decide if I want to cut it again or let it grow out.   I even thought of styling my hair differently by doing a different hair part.   That was a terrible idea because I was SHOCKED to see how much gray is now growing in the center of my scalp.  I also think my metabolism is slowing down because my mid section seems a little thicker ... ...

"The Loveliness of The Seashore"

What is the "Seashore" like? "Where the sky meets the sea ... The seashore is a place where the sea and the sky are the same smoky gray until ... the morning sun breaks through. The hot noonday sun feels warm as a big soft cat covering you. And it seems there is nothing in the world except the sound of the wind and the rising and falling of waves." Over at Dawn 's there are so many wonderful books suggested on her blog. Earlier this month I couldn't help but to peek at some of them ... thanks Dawn! *The above quote came from The Seashore Book . The ocean moves in and then moves out. This place where water, sky and earth meet is never the same. The tide comes in, the tide goes out, each wave that returns pushes against the incoming swell as it is pulled back into the endless depths and swallowed into the vastness of an unknown deep. Such is each day of our "daily" lives. I grew up enjoying the sights, sound, and the surf of the NY/Jersey "shor...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...