When this is the ARTWORK that adorns my walls ...
I know my house contains 7 people, 2 dogs, and 3 fish, but STILL ...
Somedays I long for a home ...
- without dings in the walls
- with some artwork that wasn't hand done by a child under the age of 14
- free of scratches on furniture, or stains on carpets
- that doesn't contain 23 hair bands improperly located
- with a staircase not containing random items found scattered throughout the home
- that doesn't need vacuuming 2x a day
It's not that I don't love all that live in my home ... for I do.
I just get a little frustrated over messes.
I get a tad bit envious of those homes that I just saw on the weekend decorating/ do it yourself shows.
There are days that I just wish I could wave a wand and make it all look clean, organized, and decorated.
That would be a DREAM.
(Blessed)
I live here and I will do my best to appreciate the NOW.
Comments
But then I realised that those are exactly the things that MAKE a home a home.
How about framing the kid's artwork in a fancy frame? or just getting a few pick me ups around the home to touch it up.
I find those other people's homes of pefection too sterile. They need to kick it up a bit and live a little.
My house is probably worse then yours. It is a home.
Someday...it does happen the kids will be gone. Clean it then!!!!
I have been a little cranky about this very same thing lately and have let the words..."why can't we keep anything looking nice around here" spill from my mouth a few too many times.
Sigh...I suppose I should go vacuum the Rice Krispies on my stairs, eh? And I should probably be grateful those Rice Krispies were being carried in a bowl without milk. ;)
W
My 5 year old spilled super glue all over my desk a few days ago. So now I have to find someway to sand it all off and paint the whole top. The life of a mom with a big family, but I wouldn't trade it for anything :)
XOXO
Jen