FIRST, I would just like to remind those EDUCATORS out there that THIS IS THE TIME to go to BARNES & NOBLE for their 25% discount ... January 16-24th.
Then I would highly recommend that if you have ANY children who still love to be read to ... GET THIS BOOK!
I'm only a few chapters into this book, but the 4 and 7 year old ... as well as myself, have been laughing out loud (LOL)!
I love that the main character in it is a bit of a trouble maker, but not in a mean spirited way. She pays attention to a lot of different things ... just not the "important" stuff. Her name is Clementine and she likes to call her brother Spinach or Broccoli. She just doesn't think it is fair that her parents named her a fruit and her brother a so called "normal" name. The only thing worse than a fruit name is a vegetable name ... hence the names she prefers to refer to her brother as.
So far, I find this character endearing ... with good intentions and unlike the Junie B. Jones character I've read to my girls in the past (blech). While reading, I have stopped the book to discuss the sticky situations that Miss Clementine seems to find herself in.
FUN, fun book! I'd love to hear from OTHERS, recommendations for read-alouds. Some days or weeks I find it hard to just sit down and spend the extra time at night reading chapter books, but when I do, I'm so glad that I did.

Comments
As for books my little ones love (my oldest of four just turned 7 so all mine are little, lol) - Pinkalicious (not so much Purplicious and we've not read Golilicious yet) and all the Fancy Nancy books. We're also going to start reading some of the Lamplighter books as a family (available from Grace & Truth books - graceandtruthbooks.com) but those are much "deeper" kinds of books, definitely not the light-hearted fun that Fancy Nancy is! :)
And, thanks for the sweet post about your husband (happy birthday to him) - I have a friend who is a chemist at the same company...I call his wife a couple of times a year "I need mascara!" LOL
BTW, Just to point out my love for your family and your blog, I'll have you know my info never 'saves' here for some reason. I have to fill it all out each, and every time.