Normally Fridays are a little quieter at my house. With 3 of my girls at school (one high schooler and 2 in public elementary), and the 12 year old homeschooler at her all day science class with 4-H, I just have the 4 year old home.


BUT ...
NOT ANYMORE!
This week that certain 4 year old went off to pre-k. She did a little preschool program last year, but was not a happy girl most days. I really didn't find anything wrong with the school or program, but just chalked it up to my 3 year old and her ways. So this year I thought that I would just keep her home with me and do a little homeschooling with her. Things were going"okay" for a bit, but I was starting to notice some attitude issues with her. She was grumpy A LOT and she put up a fight with her little reading lessons that I would do with her. I didn't think I was too pushy ... I had done this very same thing with her 7 year old sister a few years back. What I did notice was that little {c} was lonely for a friend. Staying home each day with mom and the 12 year old sister who was busy most hours, wasn't really fun. After school, she is used to be shuffled around to swim practice and things for her bigger sisters.
MOMMY FELT BAD. MOMMY FELT LIKE SHE WASN'T DOING HER BEST JOB AT PROVIDING WHAT HER 4 YEAR OLD NEEDED.
Little {c} asked a few times (starting around Thanksgiving) to go to regular school. She told me that she did homeschool already and now wanted to see friends. This mommy thought and thought. Then she called the local Catholic school (thinking they were probably full) and found out they had spots available. YAY!!!!!!
Miss {c} now goes to school M-W-F from 7:30AM to 2:30PM.
Miss {c} is quite happy which makes this mommy HAPPY!
So today, this mommy (that's me) is home for several hours by herself. Of course I have a scheduled AT&T guy stopping by somewhere in a large window of time (((((UGH))))).
I'm thinking it may be a good day to catch up on the house. This takes me to the laundry room, which is one of the most visited spots in my house.
Gotta love little requests by certain children (this one is from the 12 year old) ...
Comments
I have to comment on your header too. It is gorgeous! Your little girl looks like a woodland fairy!
Glad C is enjoying school. Cute picture of her!
W