of BUYING ...
- a balloon (although, I know that I would probably need a full pack of them)
- yeast (along with the balloon, it was needed for a science experiment)
- water filter cartridge for my refrigerator
YUP ... that was all I needed.
But wait!
Hmmmm, this looks interesting ...

Or maybe this looks even better ...

Plop ... I put that second idea into my shopping cart because I sure could use that.
Then I continue on.
Passing by the cleaning supplies. Surely I NEED something from one of these 4 aisles. Thinking, I decide that dusting supplies are low. I grab what I think I need. My bedroom furniture will be so happy.
Pushing that cart along ...
Oh yeah, those dogs need food. Do I really want to go to another store to purchase dog food? Heck no! I'll just put that 40lb. bag into my shopping cart. YES! It's even on sale ... $1.20 off the original price (LOL).
Keep on pushing that cart.
I should get some dinner for the next two nights. Something easy because my husband is out of town and I don't want a big hassle. It would be so convenient for me to be able to get food at TARGET. MAN, I love this store!
STOP!
STOP!!!!!!!
I realize that my cart has been filled with more than the three items I said I needed. Looking at the time I also notice that my free time is slipping on by. I need to get home, eat lunch (sometimes I even get hungry), pack swim bags, pick up 5 girls from their 4 different locations so that I can take them to swim practice.
I pull myself away from traveling through the rest of TARGET and instead head for the registers. After finding my place on line, I take a quick look at what I have placed in my cart. So many more EXTRAS! Of course I can justify the need for all of the stuff. All except for those cute little organizing lists. Did I really need to spend $6.99 on a magnetic pad to help me list my menu and grocery list for the week? I don't think so ...
It doesn't take but a moment to realize that my days aren't as orchestrated as I would like them to be. Dinner isn't always what I think it will be. Maybe I was hoping for it to be chicken fajitas, but instead it becomes frozen pizza. THAT HAPPENS! Some weeks my budget is a little below (rare), but other weeks it is off the charts. I'm not sure Jean Chatzky knows about those family's of 7!
Thinking about that pad of planning paper, I decide it isn't all that necessary. Last year I bought this amazing day planner and just 2 months later my husband bought me my iPhone that completely eliminated my need to write things down on a cute little blue book that wouldn't fit in my purse.
HELLO??? I have an iPhone with a zillion applications that help me to make lists. I can be strong and put that Jean Chatzky thing back on the shelf.
So I do and CHECKOUT RESUMES ...
This was just a little part of my MONDAY.
Comments
Yep, yeppers. Full cart.
Target. Now off my list for Lent.
i hate Target! Actually i love it - ... it's complicated. I'm sure you understand! LOL