Currently in my crazy schooling house, we are on day 3 in a row of NO SCHOOL with the elementary public school. The high schooler and pre-k girl just went to school on a delay. I couldn't believe school was cancelled for my younger girls, but after driving the other girls to their school this morning and dealing with the parking lot ice mess, I can now understand. I even witnessed an accident when one car trying to back out of an icy spot just couldn't move and proceeded to slide into another car. There is NO way that the buses can maneuver through that sort of ice.
HELLO, this is the SOUTH! I've been here 5 years now and have yet to see weather like this.
There is one positive in all this ... I'm glad that the husband is home. Well, he is at work, but he was supposed to travel to the BLIZZARD in NYCity. So glad that got cancelled yesterday. Now, I will worry less, AND have my husband home for my birthday tomorrow ;)
Now, I'm off to try to teach something to the homeschooler while two little sisters get to play. Wonder how much will get done ... hmmmmmmm?
Comments
:(
What a challenge to homeschool while others are home! I know it well~
I say pop some popcorn, make some hot cocoa and have everyone take the day off! (I am so hardcore, can't you tell?)
:P