Sitting at the lunch table with my 12 year old, we suddenly got a call from National Geographic. I didn't answer it. The name and number came up and I felt relieved that I wouldn't have to speak to the person on the other line.
Long ago I remember ...
having just 2 phones (1 upstairs and 1 downstairs)
phones with long curly cords
rotary phone
phones with BIG number buttons
phones withOUT answering machines
phones and separate cassette answering machines
phones that didn't have call waiting
phones without caller id
annoying dinner time calls from GALLUP poll.
Back then you ALWAYS answered the phone. Nowadays, not so much.
I have a landline home phone, but hardly anyone ever calls on it EXCEPT for the "annoying" ones.
I'm connected to my cell phone
so is my husband
so is daughter's #1 and #2.
What a difference 30 years makes.
Comments
I love caller id!