*taken with the iPhone
Yesterday afternoon was a typical one ... school pickups and drop offs at the pool(S). It was a lovely day ... warm and breezy. I even wore flip flops for the first time all year. While at swim practice I did hear from one of the moms that there were tornado warnings. I guess a warm, breezy day in March was almost too good to be true.
After my 7 year old was done swimming, we headed home. The skies by that time were starting to darken and by 5:30pm, we had some thunder/lightening storms. I shut down and unplugged computers. Last year, our neighbor had a surge in her house and it pretty much destroyed her computer. My husband has since recommended a complete shut down so that doesn't happen to us.
Thankfully I did turn on the television to hear the latest weather reports. My husband was leaving work and heading to get my bigger girls from their 2 different pool locations. I noted that we were in the path of this tornado. Within 30 minutes the tornado sirens were going off. I shut off the stove where I was cooking dinner, turned up the volume on my television, shut the blinds of my house, grabbed the phones and flashlights, told the girls to get their nintendos, and headed into the closet with them. Soon to join us were the 2 dogs panting nervously in my face.
WE spent nearly 30 minutes in the closet. I peeked out a few times, but this time I was actually a bit nervous myself. The hail that was coming down was big ... I knew it by the booming sounds. I worried that windows would break. The winds were loud too. My girls were busy with their nintendo game playing. I was glad I thought of that before heading into the closet.
When the loudness ceased and the alarms no longer screamed, I headed out of the closet. I spoke to my husband several times. I wanted to make sure he was not in the pathway of the tornado. He made it home a little after 7pm.
The family sat down for dinner, we listened a bit more to the weather, and finally got children doing homework, cleaning up, and going to bed.
Fun night in Little Rock!
Comments
I'm glad you all are okay. Darn tornados are SCARY!