So it's been another week where I haven't checked in. Can I get by with the busy excuse? It is, however, the end of the school year and I KNOW some of you can relate to the chaos that comes with these days.As I recall (as much as my memory can), this past weekend was Mother's Day. For some moms that may mean a relaxing day ... one that may involve pampering or even a bit of solitude. I'm guessing that for most that would not be the case. It certainly wasn't for me.
Who invented this holiday anyway?
I spent my Mother's Day doing what I do most other days ... being a mom and watching my girls SWIM. Before we headed to day 3 of the swim meet, I MADE my girls take a picture with their MUTHA (that's my mom's NY accent). Some looked happy, but some looked like they were in a hurry to get to the swim meet. Anywhooooooooo, it is an okay picture with all of my babies.

I really wanted to take a bunch of pictures at this swim meet, but like so many of the meets that our swim team hosts, they couldn't get enough workers. So while my husband was the announcer for this meet, I did timing. I only took a few pics before the meet.


A homeschool field trip. I took {k} and her friend {k} to visit The World of the Pharaohs. This exhibit offered a glimpse into some of what we have been learning at home this year. More than 200 objects were displayed helping to tell the story of ancient Egyptian life and culture. It really was a cool little field trip ... making what we've been learning come ALIVE! Of course they didn't allow pictures in the actual exhibit. I only snapped a few in the lobby.

Comments