When I was a little kid, I started to show signs of freckles about the age of 7-8. It was cute back then. The freckles were stationed on the nose and cheeks. It was endearing. As the years passed, the freckles migrated to the shoulders, the arms, the knee caps, the hands, and eventually most everywhere. IT sort of lost it's cuteness.I like freckles. It took me a while to learn to appreciate them.
Over the years, however, I have started to rethink my thoughts about freckles. IT could be that they had overcome my face, my hands, my whole body! This summer (and it is still only June) has shown it's abuse. To be honest, it is bordering EXTREME. My freckles are so connected, that it seems like I could just add a few more and smooth out the whole look.
I wear sunblock AND I re-aply it often. My skin is fair (not the burning kind of fair), but I really do tan with tons of freckles. Surely the freckles have multiplied due to ... a lot of yard work, running outdoors, and taking my children to the pool A TON. Vitamin D deficient? NOT ME!
This summer, I think I may need to invest in a hat ... at least to help out the face. In the next 2 weeks I will head to the sunny, southern GULF shores and my face and body will be subjected to the bright YELLOW ball in the sky.
I don't need any more freckles.
No sir - eeeeeeee!
Comments
It was a fate worse than death as a child (red hair, freckles = pick on me). What's worse is that the rest of my family has either blond or brown hair, tan skin and no freckles. I stick out like a sore thumb. Go figure.
I still have freckles, all over, but I hardly notice they are there anymore. I used to think if I could just keep getting tons of freckles that I would be really tan. Alas, I have finally come to the conclusion (and I mean just recently) that I will never be a tan person. Darn it!
BTW: Are freckles linked to a vitamin D deficiency? I've never heard that before. I just linked it to my Scandanavian heritage.
BTW...I think you look good with YOUR freckles...wish I felt the same about mine! ;)