Skip to main content

Is it really July 12?

ALL of my girls start school in just 5 weeks from today.
I can hardly believe it!

Seems like it was just April and May , and we were running around getting ready for someone's Communion, having someone else's birthday, finishing up school, and starting the long course season of swim meets.

Then June came and suddenly there were camps ... 3 of them went AWAY for a week. Then there was a week of rest before Vacation Bible School. When that finished, we all headed AWAY for a 9 day vacation to my mom's in FL.

Hardly back a week from vacation and we stumbled into a 3 day swim meet. Today I wake up and know that in just 90 minutes I will have the 8 year old at her little "educational" camp for the next 2 weeks (just 3 hours a day).

It's July 12th and still I NEED to ...
  • paint 2 bedrooms
  • paint 2 bathrooms
  • sod part of the backyard
  • swim more
  • play more
  • do more ('cause the list never ends)
OF course there is no pressure from the stores (yeah right!) to push the upcoming school year on me ;)
I believe that TARGET has previewed their uniforms, and are making room for the school supply section.

It's just starting to feel like summer and before I know it ... it will be OVER! ((((SIGH))))

Comments

Susan R said…
Summer seems sort of anticlimactic to me. Everyone gets all excited for summer to come and sooner than you know it's over. It has been a nice break, we haven't done all that much, so I actually feel like I've gotten a break.
Uniforms....ughhhhh. Luckily this year I only have to buy them for our youngest, since a wonderful friend gave us TONS of uniforms from her children who are now moving on to college. Don't get me wrong, I love the whole uniform thing, I just don't like having to go shop for them.
Wow! You have a lot of things left on the list to do. Sod part of the backyard? I'm impressed you can do that.

Popular posts from this blog

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!