Faith & Family : Features : 8 Ways to Be a Fit Mom
It was a little more than a month ago that this article was posted on Faith and Family. I was quite honored to be asked a few questions from Kate Wicker. Of course at this point of the summer, I'm feeling a wee bit guilty for not getting out there as much to exercise. Not that I have fallen completely off the wagon. It's just that I have had some convenient excuses as to why I am not getting in what I would like to.
The EXCUSES ...
- too hot
- timing is all wrong
- no one to help watch my little ones
The TRUTH ...
- It has been a record breaking HOT summer. Just this week we have had several days of 100+ degree temps with heat indexes in the area of 110-120. Can you say SWEAT?
- I do, however, have a treadmill. It does work just fine. My excuse there is that I only like to do a few miles on it at a time. The outdoors is where I prefer to RUN.
- While summer seems to be a time that most would think that a stay at home mom would have MORE time to run, that hasn't been the case for me. My older two girls have been at swim team every weekday morning at 7am. This made running in the early hours (the only good time to run in this heat) really hard.
Solutions ...
- I should go to bed earlier so that I can WAKE earlier and get out of the house by (gulp) 5:45am.
- Also, I know that very soon the school year will start and I will have a bit more flexibility AFTER I get the girls off to school.
- IF I can't get out to run, I need to just use that treadmill or stick in one of the many exercise DVD's that I have.
- Stop feeling guilty and just FEEL GOOD when I get that exercise time in.
Comments
I like walking, running or going to the gym during the fall and winter more.