In early August 3 of my 5 girls participated in a kid's triathlon. The two older ones in the picture below participated last year, so this was TRI #2 for them!

It was actually a really GOOD year for Miss {m} who placed 1st in the girls 10 year age group. This was a big improvement from last year when she had some troubles with transitions. This year ... she nailed that part of it.
{k}, the 12.5 year old also placed 4th in the 13 year age group ... another improvement from last year.
{b}, my just turned 8 year old did really well considering she biked and (partially) ran with her shoes NOT on in the back. I guess those no tie laces that we thought would help were too tight for her to get her feet in fast enough for her liking. I think it was halfway through her run that she decided she needed to really have her shoes on correctly. She placed 6th for her group.
350 participants ...
MY GIRLS DID AWESOME!
Just a few weeks ago we also came upon some bad news with our 17 month old puppy Auggie. The poor deaf doggie started to limp in July and we went back and forth to the vet for x-rays, anti-inflammatories, and antibiotics. By the 3rd x-ray it was clear that the limp (front left leg) is due to juvenile bone cancer. Needless to say that this was tough news for my family. Please keep my sweet dog in your prayers.

Someone also had her BELATED birthday party. Lots of girls, lots of homemade pizza making, and lots of NOISE. These girls who ALL (but 2) slept at my house were awake until 2 am.
Speaking of pick-ups and drop-offs ...


Comments
I hear ya with the driving, I've given up complaining about it and now I just accept my fate.
WAY TO GO!!
Sorry about your dog. : (