
This has not been my most productive or happy week. As a family we are still trying to adjust to the loss of our puppy. We also have workers in our house doing some energy saving improvements. I am never really comfortable with a bunch of strangers in my home, but soon enough they will be gone and hopefully the changes will have a good impact on our utility bills.
So here are my small successes ...
- I've kept up with vacuuming our home. I'm thankful for a good, working Dyson vacuum. With people working with insulation, it's been quite messy. Lots of tracking dust and dirt ... ick.
- Even though we have 5-9 workers in my home, I have managed to get a little bit of schooling done with my 7th grader. I'm going easy on her given her melancholy state. She is reading a book on my iPad and is LOVING it. I'm sure any book on the iPad is better to her ;) Anyway, I love when my reluctant reader says that she loves a book and that it's like a movie playing in her head. Shouldn't all books be like that?
- I 90% completed a nice slideshow about my dog. Briefly I posted one the other day, but I didn't like it and it seemed buggy. I wanted to do something with my wonderful pictures of Auggie and I do think it will be a great tribute to him. My girls have certainly loved looking at him again. I also made a lovely picture thank you card for my wonderful VET. He really treated the experience of losing a dog with so much kindness ... we are all grateful for that.
Things to look forward to ...
*Tomorrow I will be gearing up for another birthday in our house ... the oldest daughter (yikes).
*I'm hoping for a better weekend and a much more productive week NEXT week.
Go over to Faith and Family to post your own or see more!
Comments
Love the new look to the blog!