Her plans for the day ... school, swim, and then a high school football game. Somewhere in there we will need to squeeze in some yummy cupcakes. Even 15 year olds like cupcakes ... right?I'm not even going to cry about how I cannot believe that my first baby is 15.
I'm not even going to think about how she will be driving a car in a few short months.
I'm not even going to think about how she will be getting her first job this summer.
I'm not even going to think about how she likes a certain boy.
I'm not even going to think about how she recently borrowed a dress and looked way better in it than I.
I'm not going to think about any of that.
Instead I am going to think about ...
- The little girl who loved to play with Fisher Price Little People and gave them all names.
- The little girl who couldn't get enough of books.
- The little girl who watched Winnie the Pooh probably a hundred times.
- The little girl who had the biggest blue eyes as a baby ... they were adult sized I swear!
- The little girl who always welcomed a challenge.
- The little girl who stood out from the crowd (and still does).
- The little girl who always did the right thing ... her heart in the right place.
- The little girl who held my hand and stood by me.
That little girl is growing up, but some things never change.
She is all she "was" and more today.
Love my girl ...
Happy 15th Birthday Emily Jane!
Comments
PS tell her she can't like that certain boy, you and I have an arrangement ;) if only it were that easy, LOL!
You're right, she has the most beautiful eyes.
I think it's when they turn 16 that it really hits you. It was for me and my 16 year old Emily.
Dana