Skip to main content

My poor ACHING MOUTH!

Talking about my teeth and my jaw are nothing new, but I sure wish it were because I'm growing quite weary of all the experiences that my mouth has had to endure.

  • Forget that I have ever talked about my experience with cavities despite my good brushing and flossing. I must not have had enough flouride as a child.
  • Forget that I had an extreme underbite and crossbite that took until the age of 36 for me to address the problem.
  • Forget that I had my top and bottom jaw BROKEN and REALIGNED to make the whole bite thing look normal.
  • Forget that my small mouth went through more than 2.5 years of braces ... ones that ripped apart my inside lips. I was sure that I would have permanent "tooth/bracket imprints" forever.
  • Forget that I brush my teeth several times a day and that I hardly take in sweets. YET, still my mouth thinks I inhale gallons of soda and candy a day.

Forget all that ... 'cause I sure wish I could.

If I didn't have to deal with so much dental drama then maybe I wouldn't be as upset with my newest issue. It all started this summer when I noticed a bigger space between my lower back molars. When I went to the dentist they noted that I had lost part of my tooth ... probably an old cavity/filling that fell off. Their recommendation was a CROWN. A few weeks later I scheduled that appointment for September 2nd. It is now October 10th and I have seen the dentist 5 times, endured an infection (needed antibiotics), had 3 temporary crowns on the same tooth, and just yesterday LOST that 3rd temporary. Currently I have some wonderful (ick) denture creme holding my crown in my mouth. Hopefully tomorrow I can get this situation fixed. I hate problems that happen on late Saturday afternoons when the dentist is NOT IN.

IT could be that I may need a root canal on this tooth. I'VE GOT TO BE a good advocate for myself when I visit the dentist tomorrow because this is ALL TOO RIDICULOUS.

I've had ENOUGH!!!!!


Comments

Susan R said…
Holy Crow! I've had my share of dental work, despite my WONDERFUL oral hygene, but nothing like this.
Geez if my teeth weren't noticing the difference, I just might go ahead and have the pop and candy.
Hope your week will improve....hey, it has to.
kim said…
yeah my teeth are undergoing the same drama. I just had one crown and had similar problems and they say I need 3 more. i am afraid to get them done since i will probably be enduring weeks of pain per crown.
Christine said…
I have 8 crowns. some root canals.

I HATE THE DENTIST!
Christy said…
Wow, I am so sorry you have gone through all of this and continue enduring such troubles. I hope it gets better. Have your doctors looked into a calcium deficiency?
Haddock said…
Like they say a stitch in time saves nine.
Most of us ignore the early symptoms and pull on till it is time to pull out our tooth.

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!