- Forget that I have ever talked about my experience with cavities despite my good brushing and flossing. I must not have had enough flouride as a child.
- Forget that I had an extreme underbite and crossbite that took until the age of 36 for me to address the problem.
- Forget that I had my top and bottom jaw BROKEN and REALIGNED to make the whole bite thing look normal.
- Forget that my small mouth went through more than 2.5 years of braces ... ones that ripped apart my inside lips. I was sure that I would have permanent "tooth/bracket imprints" forever.
- Forget that I brush my teeth several times a day and that I hardly take in sweets. YET, still my mouth thinks I inhale gallons of soda and candy a day.
Forget all that ... 'cause I sure wish I could.
If I didn't have to deal with so much dental drama then maybe I wouldn't be as upset with my newest issue. It all started this summer when I noticed a bigger space between my lower back molars. When I went to the dentist they noted that I had lost part of my tooth ... probably an old cavity/filling that fell off. Their recommendation was a CROWN. A few weeks later I scheduled that appointment for September 2nd. It is now October 10th and I have seen the dentist 5 times, endured an infection (needed antibiotics), had 3 temporary crowns on the same tooth, and just yesterday LOST that 3rd temporary. Currently I have some wonderful (ick) denture creme holding my crown in my mouth. Hopefully tomorrow I can get this situation fixed. I hate problems that happen on late Saturday afternoons when the dentist is NOT IN.
IT could be that I may need a root canal on this tooth. I'VE GOT TO BE a good advocate for myself when I visit the dentist tomorrow because this is ALL TOO RIDICULOUS.
I've had ENOUGH!!!!!
Comments
Geez if my teeth weren't noticing the difference, I just might go ahead and have the pop and candy.
Hope your week will improve....hey, it has to.
I HATE THE DENTIST!
Most of us ignore the early symptoms and pull on till it is time to pull out our tooth.