I'm not one of those people that makes BIG resolutions. While I think the idea of positive changes is great, I often see some of the resolutions made this time of the year as being short lived. I don't think one needs a big start date such as JANUARY 1st to be the REASON to make changes. Any day of the year will do. That being said, I do think anyone willing to better themselves is moving in a more positive direction and that is a GOOD THING!
AS for me, my goals for 2012 ...
I'm not looking to lose weight ... I'm happy with how I am. I could stand to be a little healthier in my diet, but for the most part I have developed a pretty disciplined approach. I go for runs a few days a week and this March I will do my very first 1/2 marathon. A strong and healthy body is a good thing.
I could blog more, read more, take more photos (ha), or learn some other hobby, but I'm a pretty busy lady. This year I just want to be a better version of myself. I've proven to myself that I a woman with many hats, but maybe I need to actually take a step back. Maybe this is the year that I become more disciplined and put my focus back on my family. I could certainly stand to listen more, love more, laugh more, hug more, share more, and give of my time more. Essentially I mean being more available to my family. While I am physically present, I may not always be mentally present.
I want to project all that is good and hopefully be an example to others. One of my biggest weaknesses is placing judgment on others ... especially when they make choices that I never would ;) I cannot control what other people say and do, but if I live a good life, then maybe my good choices will "rub off". I think the world can be a much better place if we all try to see the good in others and aim to be just a little bit better ourselves. I know that I am not perfect, but if I can recognize my faults and weaknesses, and try to improve ... how can that be a negative thing?
I hope and pray that 2012 is a GREAT year. I'm certainly going to work at it!
Comments