My family and I went to the 6:30pm mass just yesterday (Holy Day - Assumption of Mary). It was also the first day of school for my girls. I won't say too much, but this summer was a challenge ... the hardest summer ever. While I was ready for my girls to go back to school, I also felt a bit sad and not for the reason one may think. I've got 5 girls ages 7 to nearly 17. I know that my days as being their direct caretaker are flying by. This summer I just felt I was not ME ... I wasn't FUN ... I didn't give enough of ME to THEM. I have a lot of mommy guilt going on.
Sooooooo ...
While in mass yesterday, when were offering a sign of peace to our neighbors in the pews nearby, instead of getting a "peace be with you" from the lady in front of me, I got "You are so blessed".
I was struck by this response. I also thought it was some wonderful message from God to remind me of my many blessings on a day that I felt out of sorts as a mother. This made me feel good ... I had an overwhelming feeling of peace inside.
THEN ...
Mass ended. The lady in front of me says "I hope you don't take offense, but your husband is quite good looking".
HUH?
Of course I think he is good looking.
I also didn't take offense to her telling me that.
BUT ...
Now I'm starting to think that her comment about me being "So blessed" had nothing to do with my 5 blessings (my girls), but with being married to such a good looking man.
He is pretty cute, so I guess I AM BLESSED!
Sooooooo ...
While in mass yesterday, when were offering a sign of peace to our neighbors in the pews nearby, instead of getting a "peace be with you" from the lady in front of me, I got "You are so blessed".
I was struck by this response. I also thought it was some wonderful message from God to remind me of my many blessings on a day that I felt out of sorts as a mother. This made me feel good ... I had an overwhelming feeling of peace inside.
THEN ...
Mass ended. The lady in front of me says "I hope you don't take offense, but your husband is quite good looking".
HUH?
Of course I think he is good looking.
I also didn't take offense to her telling me that.
BUT ...
Now I'm starting to think that her comment about me being "So blessed" had nothing to do with my 5 blessings (my girls), but with being married to such a good looking man.
He is pretty cute, so I guess I AM BLESSED!
Comments