OFF ... from the usual.
I have a part time job that usually takes up about 15-18hrs of my week. Most of those hours are spent in an office away from home. It's been 2 years that I have been doing the same job. It's an okay job, but not one that I feel passionate about. Just prior to getting that job, I was a stay at home, homeschooling mommy. At the time I was feeling some pressure from the outside world ... maybe it was time for me to have a J.O.B. instead of being at home full time. Of course our family was feeling a pinch with money, but it wasn't a desperate situation. This job suddenly presented itself to me and I just went for it without a whole lot of thought.
Two years have been spent waking up early, getting 5 children out the door, dropping them off at school, heading to work, and coming home at lunch time. When I get home, I sometimes run a few miles, grocery shop, cook dinner ahead of time, or clean before packing up swim, soccer, basketball, or cross country bags, and spending the hours of 2:30-7:30pm driving to and from locations. Then it's dinner time, homework, laundry, and BED.
Lather, rinse, and REPEAT
That is my life in a nutshell. There is a whole lot of things happening and very little time to waste. I must admit that I MISS wasting time. MISS not having to rush, rush, rush.
This week my husband is out of town. I had an incredibly busier than usual Monday and Tuesday because I did not have the help of my sidekick. It's Wednesday, but man, it feels like it should be Friday by now.
So today, I am taking a day. It's a catch up day for me at home. Already I did a quick Walmart shop, dinner is in the crockpot, and 3 batches of brownies have been baked for the Catholic Youth Meeting tonight. I read a few blogs, purchased a book for my Kindle, and likely I will clean up my sad state of a house.
I've got until 2:30pm today and then I'll take on the crazy afternoon/evening schedule. But for now, I am taking a much needed BREATH, sipping my coffee, and enjoying the quiet.
Tomorrow it will be back to the usual ...
I have a part time job that usually takes up about 15-18hrs of my week. Most of those hours are spent in an office away from home. It's been 2 years that I have been doing the same job. It's an okay job, but not one that I feel passionate about. Just prior to getting that job, I was a stay at home, homeschooling mommy. At the time I was feeling some pressure from the outside world ... maybe it was time for me to have a J.O.B. instead of being at home full time. Of course our family was feeling a pinch with money, but it wasn't a desperate situation. This job suddenly presented itself to me and I just went for it without a whole lot of thought.
Two years have been spent waking up early, getting 5 children out the door, dropping them off at school, heading to work, and coming home at lunch time. When I get home, I sometimes run a few miles, grocery shop, cook dinner ahead of time, or clean before packing up swim, soccer, basketball, or cross country bags, and spending the hours of 2:30-7:30pm driving to and from locations. Then it's dinner time, homework, laundry, and BED.
Lather, rinse, and REPEAT
That is my life in a nutshell. There is a whole lot of things happening and very little time to waste. I must admit that I MISS wasting time. MISS not having to rush, rush, rush.
This week my husband is out of town. I had an incredibly busier than usual Monday and Tuesday because I did not have the help of my sidekick. It's Wednesday, but man, it feels like it should be Friday by now.
So today, I am taking a day. It's a catch up day for me at home. Already I did a quick Walmart shop, dinner is in the crockpot, and 3 batches of brownies have been baked for the Catholic Youth Meeting tonight. I read a few blogs, purchased a book for my Kindle, and likely I will clean up my sad state of a house.
I've got until 2:30pm today and then I'll take on the crazy afternoon/evening schedule. But for now, I am taking a much needed BREATH, sipping my coffee, and enjoying the quiet.
Tomorrow it will be back to the usual ...

Comments