I've spent quite a bit of time in the last 16 months fixing up and painting all the rooms in my house ... minus the downstairs small bathroom and my own bedroom. In that time we have had some lighting/fans put in our house as well. It's unbelievable to think that our 1969 house had minimal lighting requiring the use of lamps for nearly 44 years . In 2015, who just uses lamps as their main source of light? Anyway, with the adding of ceiling lights, meant some ceiling holes that needed patching and painting. I do not mind painting, but after spending so much time doing all the walls in my house, I just didn't have the motivation to do the ceilings. So, we hired a painter and he came with a helper.
I'm a lone woman in a house with 2 strangers. They seem nice enough, but lets just say that i'm glad to have 2 dogs.
What do I do when I feel I can't leave my house and when more than 1/2 of it is not accessible because it's being painted?
This woman spends a good deal of time on the computer. Yep ... I've gotten lost in the world of Facebook, Beachbody training calls, and countless blogs on how everyone gets the same 24 hours and how we all can't do it all ... some things just slide.
Yes, today there are certainly some things that are sliding, but surprisingly I am okay with that (for today). I'm usually very hard on myself when I don't get things done or when I feel myself getting lost in the computer world. Today it's okay because I think I needed it. Okay because I learned some things.
I learned that in the last few years I've been incredibly demanding of myself. I've taken on more roles and with those roles came the pressure to be awesome and perfect at them. I cannot be extraordinary at dozens of things, but I can be really good at maybe 6 different roles (and not in any particular ranking order). If I can concentrate on a few roles, maybe I can pour of myself into them and have better results. Hopefully the outcome will be less stress, more time, more joy, and the ability to be more present in the moments.
Today I learned I need to be a better manager of my own productivity.
It's about less roles.
It's about making progress in what I feel I can contribute.
And it's NOT about PERFECTION.
So, these are the things I learned while sitting at my computer with 2 strangers in my house.
I'll call that a good day AND my new painted ceilings look great;)
I'm a lone woman in a house with 2 strangers. They seem nice enough, but lets just say that i'm glad to have 2 dogs.
What do I do when I feel I can't leave my house and when more than 1/2 of it is not accessible because it's being painted?
This woman spends a good deal of time on the computer. Yep ... I've gotten lost in the world of Facebook, Beachbody training calls, and countless blogs on how everyone gets the same 24 hours and how we all can't do it all ... some things just slide.
Yes, today there are certainly some things that are sliding, but surprisingly I am okay with that (for today). I'm usually very hard on myself when I don't get things done or when I feel myself getting lost in the computer world. Today it's okay because I think I needed it. Okay because I learned some things.
I learned that in the last few years I've been incredibly demanding of myself. I've taken on more roles and with those roles came the pressure to be awesome and perfect at them. I cannot be extraordinary at dozens of things, but I can be really good at maybe 6 different roles (and not in any particular ranking order). If I can concentrate on a few roles, maybe I can pour of myself into them and have better results. Hopefully the outcome will be less stress, more time, more joy, and the ability to be more present in the moments.
Today I learned I need to be a better manager of my own productivity.
It's about less roles.
It's about making progress in what I feel I can contribute.
And it's NOT about PERFECTION.
So, these are the things I learned while sitting at my computer with 2 strangers in my house.
I'll call that a good day AND my new painted ceilings look great;)
Comments