"Studies have shown that writing about oneself and personal experiences can improve mood disorders, help reduce symptoms among cancer patients, improve a person’s health after a heart attack, reduce doctor visits and even boost memory." (taken from this article)
I told myself a few weeks ago that I should really start blogging again. In late 2012 this blog had started to get quieter and then mid 2013, it just said frozen until January 2015. It's not like I didn't have time to write, I just felt so unhappy and thought that I would have nothing good to share here.
Yesterday I caught myself looking back on the many blog posts over the years and it just filled my heart with both pride and sadness at the same time. Pride because I was writing and sharing so much, whether good or bad. Sad because I chose to let my creativity through words and photos just stop.
For almost 2 years I have been really, really sad. The only outlet of social media that was happening was Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Most of what was shared there was good, but it didn't allow for reflection. A status update, tweet, or photo are just little snippets. Tiny little moments. A blog on the other hand is so much more. It captures more of what I am feeling. There may be an audience reading my blog posts, but for the most part, I just saw it as something just for me. All those other social outlets are for the world to see and they really leave out a lot.
I'm not even sure this post will go much further. I just know that there is so much more to me and my life. I don't want to just share a few GREAT status updates or a few meaningful articles or a few funny photos. It's just too isolating in a very public way. So here on this blog I type ... without a 140 character limit.
I told myself a few weeks ago that I should really start blogging again. In late 2012 this blog had started to get quieter and then mid 2013, it just said frozen until January 2015. It's not like I didn't have time to write, I just felt so unhappy and thought that I would have nothing good to share here.
Yesterday I caught myself looking back on the many blog posts over the years and it just filled my heart with both pride and sadness at the same time. Pride because I was writing and sharing so much, whether good or bad. Sad because I chose to let my creativity through words and photos just stop.
For almost 2 years I have been really, really sad. The only outlet of social media that was happening was Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Most of what was shared there was good, but it didn't allow for reflection. A status update, tweet, or photo are just little snippets. Tiny little moments. A blog on the other hand is so much more. It captures more of what I am feeling. There may be an audience reading my blog posts, but for the most part, I just saw it as something just for me. All those other social outlets are for the world to see and they really leave out a lot.
I'm not even sure this post will go much further. I just know that there is so much more to me and my life. I don't want to just share a few GREAT status updates or a few meaningful articles or a few funny photos. It's just too isolating in a very public way. So here on this blog I type ... without a 140 character limit.

Comments
You're beautiful! Trust in God and the promptings of the Holy Spirit. He will let you know when and how to write.
I truly believe that. Just don't be sad. FIGHT the sadness because I also know (from much experience) that sadness is NOT His will for us.
Love you!