Does anyone ever use this "Write a Note" thing on Facebook?
I'm not entirely sure what the purpose was for it. Maybe to share words or stories (sort of like blogging) that cannot be said in a short status update.
Anyway, this may be as good a place as any to tell you something about ME ... share MY STORY.
My name is Elaine (you know that because Facebook tells you and you're my friend). I am daughter to Tom and Geri (cat and mouse ... ha), sister to Thomas, Eileen, and Heleen (I've heard all the jokes on the rhyming sister names), wife to Scott (my forever boyfriend), and mommy to Emily, Karin, Meghan, Becky, and Catherine (yes ... 5 girls).
You may know some of the following from my online presence ...
I've lived in New York, New Jersey, Missouri, California, and now Little Rock, Arkansas (for the last 7 years).
I love to run (most of the time) and you may see my Nike + updates ... they are not there to brag, but to hopefully motivate some other busy person. I want the people around me to live long, healthy lives.
I love to take photographs and a lot of them ... my hard drive is feeling it ;)
I love my children and my husband ... I talk about them because sharing that love out loud will hopefully be contagious.
I drive a big YUKON XL and spend a lot of money filling that truck with GAS ... my children are busy people and riding bikes to their many swim practices/activities is just not an option.
I work part time for the Dolphin-Laser swim team as their coordinator ... it's flexible and fits into my busy mommy life.
What you may not know about me ...
I went to college (SUNY Binghampton and then Saint Louis University) for nursing. I paid for most of it myself while working several jobs. I'm the first person in my family to have graduated with a 4 year degree ... BS in nursing, cum laude. *This may be a brag, but I did earn it ;)
I started my family in GOD's time ... not necessarily in mine. "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ... literally!
My life has sometimes taken a direction that wasn't expected, but I've made of it the best and learned that life is a journey and not a destination.
I am shy (this may be obvious), but I have goals and have not let anything stand in my way of achieving them. Those who really know me ... know my determination.
Where am I going with all of this?
If you've read this far, you might be saying "Who cares?"
I may be sharing all of this for nothing
or
I could actually have a point.
I'm 41 years old and have reached a time in my life where I am constantly reflecting on my future and the future of my family.
What is that future?
Maybe you have those very same thoughts ...
At least I hope I'm not alone in my thinking.
My wants are pretty simple ...
time (with my family)
freedom (to do what I enjoy and give my time to others)
security (to feel peace of mind)
Each and every day I invest my time and energy to making my life better than the day before. Obviously some days fair better than others, but regardless I do not give up.
I am a mommy, a wife, and a daughter and how I live each day can be an example to those around me. I want to be all the best to others as I can possibly be and I know that while I am not always successful, I aim to be.
This world can be a negative place. Surely people who read Facebook statuses can see that.
Some people believe they have been dealt a bad hand ... REALLY?
Life and it's circumstances are not life sentences.
They do not render you helpless nor do they determine the outcome of your life.
You have free will and the choice to make changes in your life.
I have 5 children. They are wonderful. They are beautiful. They are funny. They are demanding. They are expensive. They make me constantly think ... and rethink.
My life is pretty wonderful ... I am very blessed and thankful.
My point may be ... the future is upon us and I'm feeling good about it!
“Before you speak, listen.
I'm not entirely sure what the purpose was for it. Maybe to share words or stories (sort of like blogging) that cannot be said in a short status update.
Anyway, this may be as good a place as any to tell you something about ME ... share MY STORY.
My name is Elaine (you know that because Facebook tells you and you're my friend). I am daughter to Tom and Geri (cat and mouse ... ha), sister to Thomas, Eileen, and Heleen (I've heard all the jokes on the rhyming sister names), wife to Scott (my forever boyfriend), and mommy to Emily, Karin, Meghan, Becky, and Catherine (yes ... 5 girls).
You may know some of the following from my online presence ...
I've lived in New York, New Jersey, Missouri, California, and now Little Rock, Arkansas (for the last 7 years).
I love to run (most of the time) and you may see my Nike + updates ... they are not there to brag, but to hopefully motivate some other busy person. I want the people around me to live long, healthy lives.
I love to take photographs and a lot of them ... my hard drive is feeling it ;)
I love my children and my husband ... I talk about them because sharing that love out loud will hopefully be contagious.
I drive a big YUKON XL and spend a lot of money filling that truck with GAS ... my children are busy people and riding bikes to their many swim practices/activities is just not an option.
I work part time for the Dolphin-Laser swim team as their coordinator ... it's flexible and fits into my busy mommy life.
What you may not know about me ...
I went to college (SUNY Binghampton and then Saint Louis University) for nursing. I paid for most of it myself while working several jobs. I'm the first person in my family to have graduated with a 4 year degree ... BS in nursing, cum laude. *This may be a brag, but I did earn it ;)
I started my family in GOD's time ... not necessarily in mine. "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ... literally!
My life has sometimes taken a direction that wasn't expected, but I've made of it the best and learned that life is a journey and not a destination.
I am shy (this may be obvious), but I have goals and have not let anything stand in my way of achieving them. Those who really know me ... know my determination.
Where am I going with all of this?
If you've read this far, you might be saying "Who cares?"
I may be sharing all of this for nothing
or
I could actually have a point.
I'm 41 years old and have reached a time in my life where I am constantly reflecting on my future and the future of my family.
What is that future?
Maybe you have those very same thoughts ...
At least I hope I'm not alone in my thinking.
My wants are pretty simple ...
time (with my family)
freedom (to do what I enjoy and give my time to others)
security (to feel peace of mind)
Each and every day I invest my time and energy to making my life better than the day before. Obviously some days fair better than others, but regardless I do not give up.
I am a mommy, a wife, and a daughter and how I live each day can be an example to those around me. I want to be all the best to others as I can possibly be and I know that while I am not always successful, I aim to be.
This world can be a negative place. Surely people who read Facebook statuses can see that.
Some people believe they have been dealt a bad hand ... REALLY?
Life and it's circumstances are not life sentences.
They do not render you helpless nor do they determine the outcome of your life.
You have free will and the choice to make changes in your life.
I have 5 children. They are wonderful. They are beautiful. They are funny. They are demanding. They are expensive. They make me constantly think ... and rethink.
My life is pretty wonderful ... I am very blessed and thankful.
My point may be ... the future is upon us and I'm feeling good about it!
“Before you speak, listen.
Before you write, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you invest, investigate.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.
Before you retire, save.
Before you die, give.”
~William Arthur Ward
A Prescription for Change
https://eschienvar.myrandf.biz/
Comments