Last year I knew that I had to drag myself out of my depression and do something for ME. I've always stayed active, but wasn't always consistent unless I had a goal (like the 1/2 marathon I did back in 2012). I do like to run. Note the word "like" ... not "love". In order to run, I really prefer certain conditions ... 50+ degree weather with no rain. After December 2013 (the month I usually have limited workouts), I knew that the running conditions that I prefer would not be happening in the state of NJ. So I needed something new.
My good (online) friend was a Beachboy coach and was raving about t25 and had really changed her body in good ways. She started to promote p90x3 . It was making it's debut in late December, just in time for the new year. I had done p90x a few years back with my husband, but never really stuck it out because it was too time consuming for me ... 90 minutes was just not feasible for a mom with 5 young kids at the time. So when she bragged about the 30 minute workout, I decided to do it. I had to do something;)
Fast forward through 2014 ...
I ended up doing 3 rounds of p90x3. The second round wasn't accomplished in the 90 days like it should have been, but hey ... it was summer ... and I still moved. I also added Shakeology to my fitness/diet routine and I LOVE IT!
At the end of round 3 of p90x3, I took a break. It was the Christmas season and I know that it's that time of the year when I take the focus off of me and put it all on my girls and Christmas.
By the time Christmas came around, I had heard about Insanity Max:30 and decided to go for it. New year ... new workout.
So far, I am in my first week and WOW ... this is a challenging workout!
This happens to be the first really cold week of winter and I can say that I actually sweat ... a lot.
I will share some updates as the program progresses. Hopefully, I will see some big changes. Stay tuned.
Comments