I thought I would get this blog back up and running, but apparently I didn't live up to my word. There really isn't a GREAT excuse. If I made writing here a priority, it would happen.
What's been going on these last 5 months ... pretty much the usual.
What's been going on these last 5 months ... pretty much the usual.
- Driving all over for activities
- Swim meets
- Husband traveled a bunch with work in the spring months
- College girl came home from her sophomore year
- College girl went to England for 6 weeks this summer
- School ended late June and summer job/activities began
- Junior lifeguard suddenly was added to our summer schedule
- Spent way too much money fixing our pool
- Traded in my nearly 10 year old Yukon XL for a new Chevy Traverse (I love it, but not the car payment)
- Our older cars are also falling apart and need to be replaced (ugh)
- Lots of beach time
- Lots of yard work
- Lots of exercise (p90x3/crossfit/Orangetheory fitness) ... by all
- Did I mention SWIM TEAM?
August is just a few days away and that means ...
- YMCA long course Nationals
- Police Academy camp for my 10 year old
- Bringing college girl back to school for her junior year
- College searching for my now SENIOR in high school
- Summer reading
- Back to school shopping
- Extra things that will likely just pop up that I will not be prepared for;)
- Summer will end and another school year will begin
I'm sure my summer looks much like that of other large families. Time just keeps on going and it really does make me nostalgic for the earlier days when I had 5 children under the age of 10. Now my youngest is 10 and my oldest will be turning 20 in September.
Time to dive back in and keep swimming ...
Comments