On October 1st, 2014 I ventured into direct selling with a great skin care company. It was my second go at it (first being from June 1- November 1, 2012) and I really felt optimistic about getting back into it. I love the products and the business model was great. Problem was ... I was not great.
One of my goals I had when joining Rodan and Fields was to make some money without having to compromise family and time. With that I had really hoped to gain confidence, make new friends in the area I live, and ultimately gain a sense of pride. I wanted my husband and children to be proud of ME.
I've spent the better part of my adult life taking care of others and being HOME to do that. We've been fortunate to get by with one income. That's not to say that things aren't "tight", but we have what we need and then some.
Today I am HOME again and without any sort of income. I have 5 children ... one in college and one is is off to college in the fall. We live in an area where everything is expensive. I'm sure that I am not alone in feeling financial pressure. College is crazy expensive and figuring out how our family will get by is mind numbing.
I know I need to do something.
I need that something to be part time because all the afterschool activities require a MOM who can help out.
I'm not sure what that something should be???????
I do know that Rodan and Fields was not the answer for me. I guess I can cross that "something" off my list.
What do I want to be when I grow up? I thought I knew when I was younger, but with time ... not so sure anymore.
My prayers these days are long and quite frankly, the begging kind. Please, PLEASE help me to know the plans YOU have for ME. Plans for welfare ... plans to give me HOPE ... plans to give me a FUTURE.
I don't want to feel FEAR, WORRY, and UNCERTAINTY each day.
PLEASE show me the way ...
Comments