
I get tremendous joy from seeing and taking pictures. My Dad, my sister, my uncle ... all photo happy people as well. We live in an age where digital is now the norm, so I think that love has taken hold of many people. Some day I would really like to take a class, and KNOW my camera, and all of its capabilities. For now I just enjoy the quickness and ease of snapping away, deleting, uploading, etc.
There are some people who say that when they go on vacation , they don't want to be bothered with taking photos (or too many of them) because that would take away from the "moment". For me, I am happy being behind the lens. Watching things from the sidelines is part of who I am ... a quiet one, an observer. When I can see a picture, ... days, months, years from now, I RE-LIVE the moments all over again. Seeing those wonderful memories is priceless to me and to my children who also LOVE to see themselves in pictures. Through a photo, we all get to remember the who, what, when, where, and how of an occasion. It's a wonderful story told all over again.
Years from now, I hope that my children will know how much I loved spending time with them, and that I loved to capture the many moments with my favorite little toy called the camera.
Comments