I have heard this over and over again.
YESTERDAY was such a lovely day. I am not sure I could actually remember the last day that I could say that. After getting a rather late start to our day, I took the 3 girls to the library (the 2 older girls are still in NJ). Maybe having just 3 made my day a little less chaotic, but it was nice.
When we returned home from story time, I gave everyone lunch, and then little {C} went down for her nap. {M}, {B}, and I had "tea time". They both like making passion tea, so I decided while they drank their treat, I would do something productive. We read 3 of our library books, then we moved onto some "lessons". For {M} that included some math drills with a workbook that we have ... she did okay. For {B} that was a review of letters and sounds from Little Stories for Little Folks . She was enamored with it for about 10 minutes. I realized it is because it was all review for her. Time to move onto the blending of sounds and the actual booklets. She does read some BOB BOOKS already.
Later in the afternoon we headed to swim team practice and some free swim at the pool. I think what made the day seem so nice was that there was no yelling, no arguing, and it was productive. I wanted this of our day, and it happened. Again, it is back to my title "it's all about attitude".
After Daddy came home that night, we all sat in the family room relaxing. It was quiet ... a mix of the girls watching a show and playing toys. It has honestly been about 2.5 years since I can remember that scene in our house. Adding more children, moving, and the chaos of our lives really changed the way our evenings have become. It was so nice to witness "the good old days". I wonder if I can get that back now that I will be homeschooling?
YESTERDAY was such a lovely day. I am not sure I could actually remember the last day that I could say that. After getting a rather late start to our day, I took the 3 girls to the library (the 2 older girls are still in NJ). Maybe having just 3 made my day a little less chaotic, but it was nice.
When we returned home from story time, I gave everyone lunch, and then little {C} went down for her nap. {M}, {B}, and I had "tea time". They both like making passion tea, so I decided while they drank their treat, I would do something productive. We read 3 of our library books, then we moved onto some "lessons". For {M} that included some math drills with a workbook that we have ... she did okay. For {B} that was a review of letters and sounds from Little Stories for Little Folks . She was enamored with it for about 10 minutes. I realized it is because it was all review for her. Time to move onto the blending of sounds and the actual booklets. She does read some BOB BOOKS already.
Later in the afternoon we headed to swim team practice and some free swim at the pool. I think what made the day seem so nice was that there was no yelling, no arguing, and it was productive. I wanted this of our day, and it happened. Again, it is back to my title "it's all about attitude".
After Daddy came home that night, we all sat in the family room relaxing. It was quiet ... a mix of the girls watching a show and playing toys. It has honestly been about 2.5 years since I can remember that scene in our house. Adding more children, moving, and the chaos of our lives really changed the way our evenings have become. It was so nice to witness "the good old days". I wonder if I can get that back now that I will be homeschooling?
Comments