I've been tagged by Shelly ... I may have done this before, but I will try to think without searching too hard.
Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
1. I am rather vain about my appearance ... If you saw what I looked like at this very moment you might find that VERY hard to imagine. I exercise (sometimes sporadically, but lately diligently), try to buy clothes that are a little hip(not too sexy, but more classy), and I make sure that I never leave the house with undone hair. When I go out for a date or special occasion I really take particular care to look my best ... hair done up a little better, more makeup, and slightly sexier look. I aim to look good for my husband, but a small part of me wishes to be noticed by more people.
2. I love the beach and everything about it ... the warm sun, the sand between the toes, and the lovely peaceful sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Hopefully I can have a house on the beach one day. That would be almost heaven to me.
3. Family is everything to me. I especially love that I come from a big one and I can give that to my own girls. Even though I yearn for quiet sometimes, I enjoy the noise, the battles, the love ... the memories.
4. I love the smell of certain things. When I leave SAMS Club I make sure to take a big whiff as I pass by the tires. When I go to the gym I make sure to go down the stairs to the women's locker room that is completely rubberized. Colorforms and certain plastics are intoxicating too. When I go to the gas station I enjoy that smell too, but try not to breathe too hard. Oh wait! Who can forget my love of new sneakers .... ahhhhhhhhhhh! It's a sad day when they get stinky. I must have some sort of deficiency ... like pregnant women who have pica.
5. I procrastinate a lot. When you have a big family this is not the best trait. You can often find me running around like a crazy woman at the very last minute. WILL I EVER LEARN?
6. I like to be creative mostly with photography or with house projects. Right now I am feeling a bit down because my passions are not being exercised. I enjoy being good at something (being one up ) and getting recognition for it. My focus right now is my family and my faith ... I guess that is most important.
7. My best friend is my husband. I would guess that many married women might say that, but he really is. I do have some lovely women friends (many in the cyber world), but not many and no one that I could say is my "bestest" girl friend. That makes me really sad at times. I think women do need this sort of companionship, but I haven't found the one. Maybe I have been close to it, but I usually move when things get to that really comfy friend stage. I'm not giving up on this.
8. I love SNOW. Nothing is quite so magical as a heavy snowfall. I don't get to experience that where I live right now, but I am blessed to have it in my memory. The whole aura is just beautiful. Hearing nothing, but the sound of your breath and the crunch of your footsteps or shovel. I LOVE THAT!
Okay, now it is time to TAG someone. Here is my list ...
Minivan Mom
Ln
Days of Joy
Out on a Limb
As Cozy as Spring
Life in a Nutshell
Cris there has got to be something you haven't told us ;)
{t} from these sweet days
Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
1. I am rather vain about my appearance ... If you saw what I looked like at this very moment you might find that VERY hard to imagine. I exercise (sometimes sporadically, but lately diligently), try to buy clothes that are a little hip(not too sexy, but more classy), and I make sure that I never leave the house with undone hair. When I go out for a date or special occasion I really take particular care to look my best ... hair done up a little better, more makeup, and slightly sexier look. I aim to look good for my husband, but a small part of me wishes to be noticed by more people.
2. I love the beach and everything about it ... the warm sun, the sand between the toes, and the lovely peaceful sounds of the waves hitting the shore. Hopefully I can have a house on the beach one day. That would be almost heaven to me.
3. Family is everything to me. I especially love that I come from a big one and I can give that to my own girls. Even though I yearn for quiet sometimes, I enjoy the noise, the battles, the love ... the memories.
4. I love the smell of certain things. When I leave SAMS Club I make sure to take a big whiff as I pass by the tires. When I go to the gym I make sure to go down the stairs to the women's locker room that is completely rubberized. Colorforms and certain plastics are intoxicating too. When I go to the gas station I enjoy that smell too, but try not to breathe too hard. Oh wait! Who can forget my love of new sneakers .... ahhhhhhhhhhh! It's a sad day when they get stinky. I must have some sort of deficiency ... like pregnant women who have pica.
5. I procrastinate a lot. When you have a big family this is not the best trait. You can often find me running around like a crazy woman at the very last minute. WILL I EVER LEARN?
6. I like to be creative mostly with photography or with house projects. Right now I am feeling a bit down because my passions are not being exercised. I enjoy being good at something (being one up ) and getting recognition for it. My focus right now is my family and my faith ... I guess that is most important.
7. My best friend is my husband. I would guess that many married women might say that, but he really is. I do have some lovely women friends (many in the cyber world), but not many and no one that I could say is my "bestest" girl friend. That makes me really sad at times. I think women do need this sort of companionship, but I haven't found the one. Maybe I have been close to it, but I usually move when things get to that really comfy friend stage. I'm not giving up on this.
8. I love SNOW. Nothing is quite so magical as a heavy snowfall. I don't get to experience that where I live right now, but I am blessed to have it in my memory. The whole aura is just beautiful. Hearing nothing, but the sound of your breath and the crunch of your footsteps or shovel. I LOVE THAT!
Okay, now it is time to TAG someone. Here is my list ...
Minivan Mom
Ln
Days of Joy
Out on a Limb
As Cozy as Spring
Life in a Nutshell
Cris there has got to be something you haven't told us ;)
{t} from these sweet days
Comments