1. Globalized jobs return home
2. Sprawl Stalls (people living closer to cities where they work)
3. Four day work weeks
4. Less pollution (vehicle emisions drop)
5. More frugality (the need to go with the cheaper sunscreen ...LOL)
6. Fewer traffic deaths (people are slowing down on the roads)
7. Cheaper insurance (driving less can lower your car ins.)
8. Less traffic
9. More cops on the beat (more police on foot and bike)
10. Less Obesity (people walk more, bike more, and eat out less)
This list was taken from the July 14th issue of TIME magazine.
*My husband was recently talking about how his company (and it is a big one) was discussing 4 day work weeks. We have already seen how they have cut back his travel big time ... I guess a lot of companies are doing that. A 4 day work week would be cool for our family!
*I have also noticed how some chain restaurants are trying to keep their customers coming back by making smaller portioned lunches for less money. Everyone seems to be trying to think ahead so they can stay level in their game.
*I wish schools were closer to us because I would definitely walk/bike more to get to them. Unfortunately this isn't the case for us, and I am going to take advantage of the dreaded school bus to help out with our school commuting. I think it would be great if people used their cars less for things they are capable of walking/riding to. Our country has way too many obese people and more exercise can certainly help out with that factor.
2. Sprawl Stalls (people living closer to cities where they work)
3. Four day work weeks
4. Less pollution (vehicle emisions drop)
5. More frugality (the need to go with the cheaper sunscreen ...LOL)
6. Fewer traffic deaths (people are slowing down on the roads)
7. Cheaper insurance (driving less can lower your car ins.)
8. Less traffic
9. More cops on the beat (more police on foot and bike)
10. Less Obesity (people walk more, bike more, and eat out less)
This list was taken from the July 14th issue of TIME magazine.
*My husband was recently talking about how his company (and it is a big one) was discussing 4 day work weeks. We have already seen how they have cut back his travel big time ... I guess a lot of companies are doing that. A 4 day work week would be cool for our family!
*I have also noticed how some chain restaurants are trying to keep their customers coming back by making smaller portioned lunches for less money. Everyone seems to be trying to think ahead so they can stay level in their game.
*I wish schools were closer to us because I would definitely walk/bike more to get to them. Unfortunately this isn't the case for us, and I am going to take advantage of the dreaded school bus to help out with our school commuting. I think it would be great if people used their cars less for things they are capable of walking/riding to. Our country has way too many obese people and more exercise can certainly help out with that factor.
Comments
:)
I think it is a good thing that people are paying attention to how much they are driving and cutting back when possible. My errands are now far more organized than they ever have been in the past.
{W}