It is so STINKIN' HOT here. There isn't much outdoor stuff to do comfortably.
100+ temps are pretty darn STICKY. Saturday was the worst at 105. It was the perfect day to do yard work that had been neglected and take that 3 mile run ... NOT!
Yesterday I took the 5 minnies to the pool for some cool down. The kid pool was like a hot tub and the main pool was not much cooler. We had to walk around with flip flops and put them by the edge of the pool because the cement was soooooooooo hot. I did get in a few laps. It's always fun to be laughed at for your swimming by your daughters. Maybe this 37 year old mom wearing a bikini and doing the butterfly with your daughters pink goggles is not too cute. I definitely did not look as sharp as Dara Torres .
Worse off may be my husband who is currently on a (work) team building trip ... at a camp. He is likely hanging out with many sweaty, smelly folks. Himself being one of them. I'm not jealous ... not at all!
The good news is that a cool down is expected. Todays high is predicted to be just 97. Now doesn't that sound delightful!
Comments
Stay cool and take it easy today.
If it makes you feel any better, we're having a heat wave in the Midwest as well. I've been working in my garden beds the last two nights at 8 PM because it's the only time you can get out there. Oh well, thank goodness it stays lighter later.
I do not like like warm swimming pools either. Our community pool tends to feel like a bathtub. It is not refreshing at all.
{W}
Did you put all the girls back in school this year? Are you happy with your decision? I'm struggling with that decision right now. If you have time, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
w_vonsosen@yahoo.com
chilly 97 degrees. :)
Stay cool.
I hope it cools down for you soon!