It's been an odd sort of feeling to be looked at and commented at. I do like the occasional compliment, but I'm starting to feel like the poster child for orthodontics/oral surgery. This morning I went to my ortho appt. and pretty much EVERY ortho assistant ooh'ed and ah'ed over me. I'd hear, "you look great", "you look beautiful" ... all very nice compliments. I guess I'm not all that good with taking them. I feel the need to shoot back with a response of "yeah, but I still have some swelling here and there".
I really am happy with the results, but I'm not quite there with being 100% satisfied.
- I'd like to feel my entire face ... still lots of numb spots
- I'd like to smile and look happy ... the way I think I should (whatever that new smile will be). It's just odd to feel my upper teeth sit slightly over my bottoms.
- I can't wait to regain the strength to open my mouth up more fully (still tight and a bit sore)
- I'd like to talk normally ... still sound a little mumbly and very nasal (all my sinuses are a bit clogged)
- I'd like the swelling to go away so that I can look in the mirror and see the true "me"
- Of course I would like the BRACES OFF ... hopefully in 3 weeks when I go back to the orthodontist, I can ask that question (Hoping by late FALL, they are off)
I'm quite vain ... I know it.
It would just be nice to get back to normal.
Next week, I'm going to get back into my exercise routine. I need the mental release and while I still look skinny, I may as well do a little toning ;)
Comments
I hope your healing continues to go well!