Skip to main content

Goodness, I need a new post so I don't keep seeing my FACE pop up

It's been an odd sort of feeling to be looked at and commented at.  I do like the occasional compliment, but I'm starting to feel like the poster child for orthodontics/oral surgery.  This morning I went to my ortho appt. and pretty much EVERY ortho assistant ooh'ed and ah'ed over me.  I'd hear, "you look great", "you look beautiful" ... all very nice compliments.  I guess I'm not all that good with taking them.  I feel the need to shoot back with a response of "yeah, but I still have some swelling here and there".

I really am happy with the results, but I'm not quite there with being 100% satisfied.

  • I'd like to feel my entire face ... still lots of numb spots
  • I'd like to smile and look happy ... the way I think I should (whatever that new smile will be).  It's just odd to feel my upper teeth sit slightly over my bottoms.
  • I can't wait to regain the strength to open my mouth up more fully (still tight and a bit sore)
  • I'd like to talk normally ... still sound a little mumbly and very nasal (all my sinuses are a bit clogged)
  • I'd like the swelling to go away so that I can look in the mirror and see the true "me"
  • Of course I would like the BRACES OFF ... hopefully in 3 weeks when I go back to the orthodontist, I can ask that question (Hoping by late FALL, they are off)

I'm quite vain ... I know it.

It would just be nice to get back to normal.  

Next week, I'm going to get back into my exercise routine.  I need the mental release and while I still look skinny, I may as well do a little toning ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
How long can it take for those numb spots to go away? That must feel so weird.

I hope your healing continues to go well!
Rita said…
You do look great, even at 6 days. Can you give any pointers on what you did to recover so well. My surgery is April 7th. It is coming fast now, so I am trying to get everything in order. Thanks for your post. It is helping me a lot. : )
southernjoy said…
The numbness would drive me crazy!
Aimee said…
I can't wait to see more pictures!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!