Skip to main content

I love FLIP FLOPS ...

When I was a little kid, I used to call them THONGS. I'm not sure when the term got changed, but it did. Maybe it was when they developed a certain type of undergarment by the same name ;)

ANYWAY, I've always done the cheap flip flop ... OLD NAVY ones that usually are 2 for $5.
While I still go with those in a variety of colors to match my spring/summer attire, I kept seeing all these fun flip flops this year. I'm not sure why these YELLOW BOX flip flops have to cost $29, but they are super cute and fun ... SO I SPLURGED. I may have to get another pair. They are super comfy too.

  • I love that I can just slip on quick footwear that is comfortable.
  • I love that you can easily see nicely polished toes.
  • I love that you can never have enough flip flops.
  • I love that flip flops have always been in style ... at least for my whole life.

Comments

Maurisa said…
We used to call them "thongs" too when I was growing up in the Pacific Northwest. I thought it was a regional thing, but I think you probably have the correct explanation for the etymology. I still slip up sometimes, and boy do I get the looks!

My girls have discovered the joys of flip-flops. Children's Place always has really cute ones for their set.
Marlene said…
I'm with you. I love flip flops and wear them all the time.
Unknown said…
Oh, I love those $29 flip flops!

I wish I could wear the cheapie Old Navy ones. I can't do plastic between my toes...it hurts me. The ones I have had luck with are the TEVA Mush style.

YAY for warmer days!

W
Kim H. said…
I.LOVE.FLIP.FLOPS.ALWAYS!!!

Can't ever get enough of them. And the funkier and sassier, the better.

Have you ever tried the Reef ones -- they're kinda on the pricey side too - but I get them from the skateboard/ski shop my future BIL manages (at a discount :) They're AWESOME!!!
southernjoy said…
I've always called them FLIP FLOPS. A teacher at preschool had those redbox ones on the other day, and I had to roll my window down in the carpool like to ask her where she got the cute shoes. They're adorable!
Rita said…
So glad it is flip flop time. Love them!!! : ) Bless ya!
Anonymous said…
I've always called them thongs!
Monique said…
I love me some flip flops too! And jeans and a tee to match!
Cute thongs - ha! I just gave myself a pedicure so my feet can look presentable in mine.

XOOX
Jen
Shelly said…
yep - thongs it was!
Laura said…
I have a flip flop thing too...
They hurt my back if I wear them walking too much but as a general rule, they are my summer shoe.
Conservamom said…
I looove flip flops. They are the easiest thing to just slip on when you have to do something or run after something or someone...Plus they are a sign of summer!
Anonymous said…
My favorite flip flops (as of a year ago) are Havianas - probably the most comfortable flip flops ever.

Popular posts from this blog

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!