It's about me and how last night I put on this ...

Borrowed a pair of these ...

Squeezed my head into this ...

Well, maybe not that exact swim cap ;)
I borrowed one of my daughter's 20+ caps.
A former swimmer and aquatics director at our swim club is heading up a swim program for the "old folks" ... mostly swim team parents and some triathlon hopefuls. This will go on for 2 weeks with the hope that maybe some of us will continue with the Master's Swim Team.
I got in the water and felt just a little cocky swimming halfway across the 50 M pool. The coach said we all looked pretty good and she was glad our strokes were not too bad. Then she got all silly and told us to do a 75. It was about the 60M mark that I choked, swallowed, and gasped for air.
I wasn't the only one.
We continued with practice for the next 60 minutes. More freestyle, sculling, kicking, and lots of critiquing.
In the end, we all survived ... no drownings. I think I'll go back today. The tired I felt at the end of it all was a good tired. Swimming is so good for you. I think I missed it just a little.
*Let me add that my dear husband was the one who dragged me into this. He's doing it too!
Comments
XOOX
Jen
Hugs!