Growing up my family never went anywhere for Spring Break. I don't think it upset me too much. However, there were a few times that I can recall feeling some jealousy. One particular friend went to Disney World year after year. Oh, how I wished my family would go. It took me to the age of 24 before I saw the big mouse. While I would have welcomed a real vacation away from my home, I loved the idea of not having to go to school, sleeping late, and catching up on my reading.
My girls have been on many little vacations. We don't go every summer or every break, but they have certainly had fun doing things AWAY from home. This break we just didn't plan anything. It will be a week to relax, take a break from our daily swim team practices, go to some appointments, and do some playing ... maybe catch a movie. Sometimes when life is so perfectly orchestrated, it is nice to JUST BE and not have a plan.
Comments
Great post...and I always love your comments on my blog.
Have a great break!
XOXO
Jen
have fun with your girls!
Blessings!