It's been nearly 5 years since I was gifted a lovely camera. I love my camera and I do believe some great pictures have been captured with it. When I first started to use it, the automatic feature was all that I used. Reading the manual was something that never really happened beyond a few quick glances.
3 years later, I did take a basic SLR class at our camera store. I went to about 4/6 classes and did walk away with the ability to use my P mode and not that easy automatic feature. It's been very clear to me that FLASH is not my friend and working with light in the correct way makes for so much nicer pics.
Manual is where I want to go ... ALL THE TIME. It's been terribly intimidating to me, but after seeing my husband use it a few times, I know it makes for some great quality pictures. Yesterday I snapped the turtle picture in manual, but please don't ask me what the settings were because I likely used the ones that my husband used last.
I love looking at photographer's sites.
I sometimes think it would be so cool to be a photographer.
This lady really inspired me ... Tara Whitney
And this lady too ... WENDERFUL (I've actually witnessed the growth of her talent which is totally cool).
I read and follow PW's blog and to think that she too had little photography skills just a few short years ago, makes it totally believable that I could move forward with my own love of picture taking.
I'm thinking of taking that very same beginner SLR class at my local camera store and seeing where it can take me. Diving into more practice and reading more about my camera just HAS to happen if I want to pursue my passion.
Slow and steady wins the race ... I HOPE!
Comments