
How funny that I opened up an old album and then found out that today was July 26th! My Poppie was born in 1900 on this date.
There isn't a lot that I remember about him ... he died when I was 5, but I do remember him being a gentle giant. He was a TALL NORWEGIAN with great big hands, but when he touched me it was like I was a delicate doll. His voice was quiet and his accent; unlike my own. We had a little connection that I can't describe with the right sort of words, but something tells me that we could have been great friends ... two peas in a pod. Not that I am some TALL NORWEGIAN woman with GREAT BIG HANDS (although, come to think of it ... my hands are rather large). Anyway, I mean that he had a lot of thoughts. Even to this day, I know that about him. I think we would really get one another.
Comments