I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled upon it. It was a google search, but what key words led me to THIS ARTICLE ... I can't recall.
I've been busy. I know that many moms today are busy, but I sometimes feel like I take it to the next level because I'm competitive like that ;)
The other day I had a meltdown. It probably was similar to that of a 4 year old ... it was bad. I cried, I pulled my hair, I slammed a door or THREE. There are days (more and more in recent times) that I feel like my life is so over loaded and CRAZEEEEEEEEE!
I drive.
I drive A LOT!
I don't really like to drive. I do it because my legs and bike won't get me OR my girls to where we need to go.
So I DRIVE
AND DRIVE ...
My 4 year old meltdown was on a day that I spent 2.5 hours in the car without even getting out of my seat. I took a tour of the schools, pools, and homes in my community. My 6 year old was with me the entire time. Thankfully she fell asleep at the 1.5 hour mark. My heart was heavy for her. At the end of a long school day it doesn't seem right that a 6 year old be stuck in a booster seat for 2.5 hours.
Something has got to change.
I say something to that regard every few weeks. Someday I may find a good routine or schedule, but with a large family it seems that I need to be flexible. I'm not always patient with being flexible.
SO ... today when I found this article I kept reading it thinking that at some point I would find something ridiculous about it, but I never did. This article spoke to me.
My life is passing me by.
My life is causing me stress.
My life needs to be ENJOYED.
My life needs to change.
I've been busy. I know that many moms today are busy, but I sometimes feel like I take it to the next level because I'm competitive like that ;)
The other day I had a meltdown. It probably was similar to that of a 4 year old ... it was bad. I cried, I pulled my hair, I slammed a door or THREE. There are days (more and more in recent times) that I feel like my life is so over loaded and CRAZEEEEEEEEE!
I drive.
I drive A LOT!
I don't really like to drive. I do it because my legs and bike won't get me OR my girls to where we need to go.
So I DRIVE
AND DRIVE ...
My 4 year old meltdown was on a day that I spent 2.5 hours in the car without even getting out of my seat. I took a tour of the schools, pools, and homes in my community. My 6 year old was with me the entire time. Thankfully she fell asleep at the 1.5 hour mark. My heart was heavy for her. At the end of a long school day it doesn't seem right that a 6 year old be stuck in a booster seat for 2.5 hours.
Something has got to change.
I say something to that regard every few weeks. Someday I may find a good routine or schedule, but with a large family it seems that I need to be flexible. I'm not always patient with being flexible.
SO ... today when I found this article I kept reading it thinking that at some point I would find something ridiculous about it, but I never did. This article spoke to me.
My life is passing me by.
My life is causing me stress.
My life needs to be ENJOYED.
My life needs to change.
Comments
:)