Skip to main content

I've just got to SHARE this article ...

I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled upon it.  It was a google search, but what key words led me to THIS ARTICLE ... I can't recall.

I've been busy.  I know that many moms today are busy, but I sometimes feel like I take it to the next level because I'm competitive like that ;)

The other day I had a meltdown.  It probably was similar to that of a 4 year old ... it was bad.  I cried, I pulled my hair, I slammed a door or THREE.  There are days (more and more in recent times) that I feel like my life is so over loaded and CRAZEEEEEEEEE!

I drive.
I drive A LOT!

I don't really like to drive.  I do it because my legs and bike won't get me OR my girls to where we need to go.

So I DRIVE
AND DRIVE ...

My 4 year old meltdown was on a day that I spent 2.5 hours in the car without even getting out of my seat.  I took a tour of the schools, pools, and homes in my community.  My 6 year old was with me the entire time.  Thankfully she fell asleep at the 1.5 hour mark.  My heart was heavy for her.  At the end of a long school day it doesn't seem right that a 6 year old be stuck in a booster seat for 2.5 hours.

Something has got to change.

I say something to that regard every few weeks.  Someday I may find a good routine or schedule, but with a large family it seems that I need to be flexible.  I'm not always patient with being flexible.

SO ...  today when I found this article I kept reading it thinking that at some point I would find something ridiculous about it, but I never did.  This article spoke to me.

My life is passing me by.
My life is causing me stress.
My life needs to be ENJOYED.
My life needs to change.

Comments

Laura said…
Slow IS beautiful....
nutmeg said…
Awesome awesome article...
:)
Lisa said…
Good article. I'm feeling this way just since enrolling my kids in Catholic school -- and we only do music, no sports -- no other real outside activities than school-related things. But there are a lot of those. And the pace is getting to be too much -- especially since we know the calm and focus of many years' homeschooling. My heart is directing me back to that kind of peace, I think. This article moved me anothe step in that direction. Thanks for the link.

Popular posts from this blog

A scattered post ...

I throw myself into stuff all the time.  It can be anything from the start of a swim season, a new school year, the election, a vacation, an exercise routine etc.  I'm kind of in a phase where I really don't know what my focus should be.  I turned on the television and honestly, I have no idea what is on this fall season ... NO IDEA AT ALL .  If I watched television in the past few months, it was something kid related or Fox News. I NEED A NEW FOCUS. My current thoughts  ... reading a fictional, just for fun book stepping up my exercise routine thinking about our Christmas wish lists and shopping baking more ... I really am slacking in this area ways to save money so that we can get a new (second) washer and dryer for the upstairs (not a fancy kind because this would mostly be used by my oldest two children)... I actually have hookups. I wonder if a lot of people go through a sort of "lull" period this time of the year.  Surely it doesn't last long with the start ...

Momto5minnies meets the Pioneer Woman!

I read her blog and knew that she was coming into town for her book signing and I thought about going, but I also knew it was the day that I was getting my braces off (MONDAY 11/9). On Sunday night before, my husband made a quick trip to Walmart and brought home a flyer saying how Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) was coming the next day. I'm not sure if my husband was more excited about me getting my braces off the next day or having me MEET THE PIONEER WOMAN. I guess I really did want to go, but now I HAD TO GO! Monday was a crazy day ... jitters in the am 4.6 mile run to make me feel relaxed (it was also my longest run yet) drop the 12 year old at her homeschool art class quick trip to Walmart (to see if there were Pioneer Woman cookbooks ... no luck, but my husband picked me up a few ... I'm gifting some for Christmas). home to throw a pot roast in the crockpot braces removal at 11:30am dentist visit at 1pm usual afterschool chaos of swim team home for a 30 minute rest wa...

Not a lot has changed ...

As a puppy he always liked a warm spot. We call Comet our "close talker" (from Seinfeld) because he is in your face and always a little too close for our comfort level. The girls don't seem to mind, but it can be a little annoying for my husband and I. Really, he is a fabulous dog. He listens well and is so gentle with everyone. *We don't let Comet on furniture ... except for the playroom/schoolroom couch. There he enjoys relaxing and being read to by one of the girls. SPOILED POOCH!