Let me start off by saying that the only part of Halloween that I like is the dress up- take a picture part. Is that horrible? I don't really enjoy walking the neighborhood and knocking at strangers doors. I don't even love the candy part. Well maybe just the Reece's peanut butter cups. I don't like the fact that my children will consume about 10+ pieces of candy in a sitting. I envision horrible results at the dentist. I don't enjoy finding wrappers hidden in various parts of my house AFTER the whole treat part is done. I don't like spending a lot on costumes, but I am proud when I can put together a costume on the cheap with some extra creativity. I'm just hum-bug about the holiday.
This year I had three of my girls going around the neighborhood. My oldest (who did dress up) stayed home with about 10 other high school kids and gave out candy, had pizza/soda, chatted, and watched scary movies. Daughter #2 went to another neighborhood with her friend, daughter #3 walked with a bunch of her friends in our neighborhood, and daughter #4 walked with ME and a few other kids we knew. My poor 9 year old MISSED Halloween this year ... a terrible migraine that really hampered her . She ended up sleeping it off. I'll have to get her to dress up so that I can do the take a picture part ;)
So here goes the pics from this year ...
This year I had three of my girls going around the neighborhood. My oldest (who did dress up) stayed home with about 10 other high school kids and gave out candy, had pizza/soda, chatted, and watched scary movies. Daughter #2 went to another neighborhood with her friend, daughter #3 walked with a bunch of her friends in our neighborhood, and daughter #4 walked with ME and a few other kids we knew. My poor 9 year old MISSED Halloween this year ... a terrible migraine that really hampered her . She ended up sleeping it off. I'll have to get her to dress up so that I can do the take a picture part ;)
So here goes the pics from this year ...
'Til next Halloween ...




Comments