Jesus said to his disciples: "To you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic. Give to anyone who asks of you, and from one who takes what it yours, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you ... be merciful, just as also your Father is merciful."
I'm reminded that on this day 8 years ago, life as we know it CHANGED. Almost immediately you saw acts of kindness, charity, and love ... even to the stranger ... even to the enemy.
If we can remember THAT day and live each day to come with just a bit more of our love, our time, and our prayers ... I think our world might just be the better for it.
Comments